Thursday, July 16, 2015

Resistance is---well---resistance

So there they were in open deep space facing the Borg who stated to them, the little traveling beings, that 'Resistance is Futile.'
NO!!

Seems like once a being is born transition is in place from the womb to the beginning of a life journey. That is not a choice---it just happens planned or not. You are out here and subject to whatever fate befalls good or bad.  

Seems transformation however is a choice. Resistance to change seems the norm in many cases. Seems change is difficult. This is my observation over 70+ years. There are many books written to testify to this observation too. 

So why would anyone want to resist something that is proven to be a better choice for well-being and happiness? That is a mystery still being researched by phycologist, counselors, life coaches, clergy, mothers/dads and people who are curious about the question. 

When I resisted changing from an uneducated, frightened, angry, resentful person my life did not go well. I turned to drugs, alcohol and insistence on control to fix the uncomfortable, unworkable, dysfunctional life I was experiencing. The chosen fix did not work and I bottomed out with a vengeance.  (Negotiating Shadows) 

I was lucky to be offered a way to fix this mess in another way which was my path of transformation. I am still on that path today 36+ years later. I have transformed from a negative person to a spirit centered person and I am grateful for the chance to make better choices. 

If you are fighting change that has you stuck do what you can to embrace choices for better chances. Need help? Find it around you because there are many who have walked the path from the threat of the 'Borg' to giving up resistance to change and we are pretty happy folks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment